Monday, August 11, 2008

Letter to Principal

Dear Principal,
I am sorry to inform you that I am unable to attend school because I am inflicted with a fever, and the illness is, I guess, quite hard to recover.
For your information, I just inflicted with OLYMPICS fever which started since last weekend. According to my doctor, this is a type of stubborn illness and it might take up approximately two weeks to fully recover.
Dear Principal,
Everyday, I suffer terribly. I feel as if something is piercing me fresh if I stay away from the TV, if I miss out the games. I have to switch on the TV and watch the games in order to ease the pain. I have to keep myself updated with the latest development of the competitions. If I don’t do so, I’ll get insomnia, and my migraine unbearable, which I feel as if my head is going to explode, my muscles ache awfully, and I lose appetite to eat even my favourite chicken wings or chocolates. And with these illness haunting me nights and days for almost two weeks, I am sure my work performance will drop drastically; and when my performance drop, you will not be happy, and when you are unhappy, it is not good for your health as well; and if your health is affected, I’ll be sinful; and if I feel sinful, I dare not face you anymore; and if I dare not facing you, I’ll lock myself in the closet and refuse to eat, and then I might starve to death…. And I believe, if you discover that I lock myself into the closet and refuse to eat and starve to death, you’ll feel guilty too.
Also, I am afraid that I might spread the illness among the students, whom, most of them are naturally weak and lack immune system. You know, it is not good to spread this insufferable illness to our innocent students who are the future and hope of the nation. So, I am thinking of taking two weeks off from school to rest at home until I am fully recovered for the benefit of students and school.
Thus, in order to prevent these unwanted incidents, as a responsible staff, I think I ought to take a fortnight leave from job and rest at home, for my own good, for your good, and for everyone’s good.
Finally, I am sure I will be fully rested and well-recovered without anymore attack by August 23, 2008. The fever will certainly subside with the closing of 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, and I will be certainly be able to re-attend school by then, fresh and energised.

Yours sincerely,

No comments: