Thursday, April 24, 2008

'Brandy' Me?

A so-called 'big and luxurious' car, branded casual shirts & blouses (ADIDAS, NIKE, BUM, POLO, NICOLE, APPLEMINT, BOSSINI, GUCCI, CALVIN CLAINS blah bah blah), ADIDAS watches, NIKE bags, VINCCI heels, ASICS shoes and socks of various brands, and blah blah blah…
Too many brands? A rich and superficial gal I am?
Not only one person voiced his/her comments. A young freshy who has just entered career world can afford all these brands is really impressively bold of me. Not only one person commented me of being too ‘shiny’ to spark everywhere I go and it is more than enough for me to possess all these qualities as I don’t need them to polish me to make myself noticeable.
People say I am naturally dazzling and exceptional because of my personalities. Am I? I have no idea. A plain and simple person I am, with deficiencies which not everyone can accept.
Well, I possess those branded materials not because I want to show off, nor do I want to make myself being flashy or flamboyant. I am neither a ‘brandy’ person who likes to pursue branded and trendy stuffs. Perhaps, it is my taste; perhaps, it is the quality of the materials that lures me into buying, perhaps … I am not sure.
I am told that people are envious because I seem to have everything they dream of – being single and unattached, free from commitments, able to own a ‘good’ car and branded stuffs, the look of steady & confident and most of all, being young.
Should I feel lucky and proud of myself for being able to achieve everything on my own?
Why can’t I feel a sense of achievement? Am I too greedy? But I don’t ask for more. Perhaps I have become indifferent.
And pals, you don’t have to envy me. This is NOTHING.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but honestly, you're very li-hai lah, and hehe.... we realy like to look at you lah

Amanda said...

haha :D..
very branded eh, u ??
Cool..
I guess one good thing about being single is that we could have wadever we want and yet still able to live the life as if there's no tomorrow, and this is one thing that ppl with family and full of commitments cant understand.
well, i guess all being are greedy to some extent, it's in the nature bah.. We'll never feel a sense of satisfaction no matter how much we have.. like everyone says 'who could have ENOUGH??'

calleigh-小咪 said...

not that i am not satisfied with what i have, just to reflect on what people commented about the branded materials. when i buy something i must make sure the goods worth the money i spend, and nothing wrong with pampering ourselves with the money we earn, that's what i think